Greetings everybody, it’s…Paco!!! So, welcome to another Top 10. This one will be about the best Nobel Prize winners. May the list begin!
10. Woodrow Wilson Woodrow Wilson was the president of the U.S. during World War I. He got it in 1919 by founding the League Of Nations.
9. Nelson Mandela Nelson Mandela was South Africa’s first black president. He got it in 1993 for ending apartheid in South Africa.
8. Mikhail Gorbachev Mikhail Gorbachev was the last leader of the Soviet Union. He got it in 1990 for ending the Cold War.
7. Marie Curie [twice] Marie Curie was a scientist known for discovering radium. She got it in 1903 for discovering radium and polonium. She won the other one in 1911.
6. The 14th Dalai Lama The Dalai Lama is a Buddhist monk who is very important to the Gelug School of Buddhism. He won it in 1989 for restoring peace in Tibet.
5. Watson, Crick, and Wilkins James Watson, Francis Crick, and Maurice Wilkins were scientists who studied DNA. They got it in 1963 for discovering DNA is shaped like a double helix.
4. Jean-Paul Sartre Jean-Paul Sartre was a leading figure in French philosophy. He got it in 1964 for Literature. However, he refused it.
3. Alexander Fleming and CO. Alexander Fleming was a scientist who discovered penicillin. He got it in 1945 for accidentally discovering penicillin.
2. Mother Teresa Of Calcutta Mother Teresa Of Calcutta was a Catholic nun famous for founding the Missionaries Of Charity. She got it in 1979 for helping poor Indian families.
1. Albert Einstein Last but not least, Albert Einstein was one of the most famous scientists of the last century. He got it in 1929 for discovering the cause of the photoelectric effect.